- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garlic spaghetti sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook manicotti shells according to package directions for al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, pumpkin, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks and nutmeg. Spoon into manicotti.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered, 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Cheese & Pumpkin-Filled Manicotti in Country Woman October/November 2013, p39
Our site is part of Gourmet Ads (www.gourmetads.com). If you are interested in running an advertising campaign with us, please contact the sales team at Gourmet Ads.