The best part? These delicious desserts can all be concocted in ten steps or LESS! Nobody said you had to work too hard to spread a little love this Valentine's Day!
This twist on old school cherry pie is jaw dropping! Delicious red cherries topped with adorable hearts...we’re giving this valentine's Day treat a thumbs up!
+ 3 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
+ 1 1/2 tsp Salt
+ 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
+ 1 1/2 Cups (3 sticks) Unsalted Butter
+ 1/2-3/4 Cup Ice Cold Water
+ Rolling Pin
+ Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
+ 9’ Pie Pan
+ 2 Cans Cherry Pie Filling
1. Place flour, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a Food Processor. Process until combined.
2. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal. With the machine running add the ice water in a slow steady stream through the tube just until the dough starts to hold together. Do not process for longer than 30 seconds.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and divide into 2 equal parts.
4. Place each piece tightly in plastic wrap and flatten into a disc. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before using.
5. Once your dough is nice and chilled, pull it out of the refrigerator and roll one section out into a nice round circle to cover the bottom of your pie pan. Place in a 9″ pie pan and flute the edges.
6. Then fill your crust with 2 cans of cherry pie filling.
7. Set aside and pull out the second half of your pie dough, again roll it out
8. Take your heart cookie cutter and cut out a bunch of hearts, and then placed them right on top of the pie in a spiral pattern.
9. Place in an oven preheated to 425 degrees. And bake for 40-45 minutes. You will know it will be done when the edges start to bubble and the top is a nice golden brown.
Our site is part of Gourmet Ads (www.gourmetads.com). If you are interested in running an advertising campaign with us, please contact the sales team at Gourmet Ads.