- 2 pouches (6.4 oz each) chunk light tuna in water, undrained
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1/4 cup dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons Gulden's® Spicy Brown Mustard
- 8 mini sandwich buns
- 2 cups loosely packed spring lettuce mix
- Combine tuna, Egg Beaters and bread crumbs in medium bowl. Shape mixture into 8 patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Spread mustard on bottom half of each bun; add lettuce and tuna patties. Serve immediately.
Cook's TipsWhen forming patties, place a large piece of waxed paper on the counter, creating a nonstick work surface. The waxed paper makes it easy to pick up the patties. Try adding black pepper and finely chopped celery to the tuna mixture for flavor and crunch! Sliced tomato and red onion make great additions to these sliders.
Recipe By:Phyllis Spencer Brixey
"These patties are great dipped in ketchup, mustard, or hot sauce. They are also great as a sandwich."
2 teaspoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
10 tablespoons Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
3 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained
3 tablespoons diced onion
1 pinch ground black pepper
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Beat eggs and lemon juice in a bowl; stir in Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs to make a paste. Fold in tuna and onion until well-mixed. Season with black pepper. Shape tuna mixture into eight 1-inch-thick patties.
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry patties until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
Our site is part of Gourmet Ads (www.gourmetads.com). If you are interested in running an advertising campaign with us, please contact the sales team at Gourmet Ads.