Make-ahead tip: Prepare casserole through step 6. Refrigerate overnight. Let stand at room temperature while oven preheats and then bake as directed.
- 1 cup(s) spinach, frozen chopped thawed
- 4 large egg(s)
- 4 large egg white(s)
- 1 cup(s) milk, fat-free
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mustard, dry
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried or 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 6 slice(s) bread, 100% whole-grain crusts removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup(s) onion(s) chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) pepper(s), red, bell diced
- 4 ounce(s) cheese, reduced-fat Swiss thinly sliced
- Serves 6
Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat a 7-by-11-inch glass baking dish or a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
Place the spinach in a strainer and press with the back of a spatula to remove excess liquid. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites and milk. Add dry mustard, rosemary, spice blend and pepper; whisk to combine.
Toss spinach, bread, onion and red pepper in a large bowl. Add egg mixture and toss to coat.
Transfer to prepared baking dish and push down to compact. Cover with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the eggs have set. Uncover and top with cheese. Continue baking for an additional 15 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Our site is part of Gourmet Ads (www.gourmetads.com). If you are interested in running an advertising campaign with us, please contact the sales team at Gourmet Ads.