Bite Size Fish Tacos
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash salt
- 12 frozen breaded fish sticks
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 36 tortilla chip scoops
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup cubed avocado
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- Lime wedges and additional minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a blender, combine the salsa, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, honey and salt. Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- 2. Place fish sticks on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with half of the taco seasoning. Turn fish sticks over; sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until crisp.
- 3. Meanwhile, place tortilla chips on a serving platter. In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, avocado, tomato, remaining lime juice and 1/2 cup salsa mixture. Spoon into chips.
- 4. Cut each fish stick into three pieces. Place a fish stick piece in each chip; top each with about 1/2 teaspoon salsa mixture. Garnish with lime wedges and additional cilantro. Yield: 3 dozen.
Brussels Sprouts With Bacon Jam
- From Epicurious
- Makes 32 pieces
- Active Time
- 45 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 20 minutes
- For the bacon jam:
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) dried apricots (4 ounces), roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the Brussels sprouts:
- Kosher salt
- 16 medium Brussels sprouts (12 ounces), trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Special equipment:
- 32 small skewers or toothpicks
- 32 pitted dates (about 10 ounces)
- 2 ounces shelled, salted whole pistachios
- 2 ounces dried apricots, cut into 32 strips
- 1 pound lean best-quality bacon, thinly sliced and then halved crosswise
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Stuff each date with 3 or 4 pistachios. Lay a stuffed date and apricot strip on top of each bacon slice; wrap to enclose.
Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until bacon is crisp, about 10 minutes, flipping each wrapped date after 8 minutes. If frozen, bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes; flip, and bake 10 minutes more. Transfer wrapped dates to paper towels to drain. Serve with toothpicks.
Our site is part of Gourmet Ads (www.gourmetads.com). If you are interested in running an advertising campaign with us, please contact the sales team at Gourmet Ads.