fresh avocado recipe is another way to make the American Heart Association’s recommendations part of your healthy lifestyle.Avocado cabbage slaw makes for a refreshing topping to cumin-rubbed salmon inside warm corn taco shells.
1lb. fresh salmon filet
½ tsp.ground cumin
¼ tsp.freshly ground pepper
1 cup pico de gallo, homemade or store bought
8 small corn tortillas
4 cups easy avocado cabbage carrot cole slaw (see recipe below)
- Sprinkle salmon filets with cumin and pepper.
- Wrap salmon in aluminum foil and grill over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place on grill for 4 minutes, turning once until warm.
- Fill tortillas with salmon, pico de gallo and Easy Avocado Carrot Cole Slaw, dividing evenly.
Avocado Cabbage Carrot Cole Slaw Recipe
2 ripe fresh Hass avocado, halved, pitted, and diced, divided
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
4 cups sliced green cabbage
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup sliced red onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place one avocado, vinegar, water, sugar and cumin in a blender.
- With the blender on puree setting, blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, onion, cilantro and one diced avocado.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture, toss gently and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Our site is part of Gourmet Ads (www.gourmetads.com). If you are interested in running an advertising campaign with us, please contact the sales team at Gourmet Ads.