This is my comfort food. To add a little zip, I sometimes sprinkle in cayenne.
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 small red potatoes (about 1 pound), halved
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper; transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, water and garlic. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables; skim fat from cooking juices. Whisk soup into cooking juices; return meat and vegetables to slow cooker. Cook, covered, 15-30 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Country Ribs Dinner in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p45
Our site is part of Gourmet Ads (www.gourmetads.com). If you are interested in running an advertising campaign with us, please contact the sales team at Gourmet Ads.