- Makes 12 Tacos; Serves 4
- 3 to 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup (8 ounces) beer
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 3 firm-ripe avocadoes, quartered, pitted, and peeled
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart pot or a wok until a deep-fat thermometer registers 360°F.
- Put the beer in a wide bowl and stir in the salt. Put the flour in another wide bowl.
- Cut each quarter of avocado into 3 long wedges and dunk the wedges first in the beer, then turn them gently in the flour to coat.
- Transfer about 6 avocado slices at a time to the oil and fry until a light-golden crust forms, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain. Fry more avocado slices in the same manner until all slices have been fried.
- Make tacos with 3 slices of avocado and the accompaniments.
ACCOMPANIMENTS: Warm flour or corn tortillas, Lime-Chipotle Mayonnaise , chopped cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chipotles en adobo, finely chopped, including the sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- If you'd like to thin the sauce for drizzling, add a little water to the mixture.
Our site is part of Gourmet Ads (www.gourmetads.com). If you are interested in running an advertising campaign with us, please contact the sales team at Gourmet Ads.