This winning combo makes a delicious first food to start your little one on a lifetime of culinary adventures!
- For a smoother mixture: Place in blender and puree, slowly adding liquid until desired consistency is reached.
- For infants: Add liquid of choice to reach desired consistency based on age and caregiver’s comfort level. Nutritional information will vary.
- For older babies and toddlers: Serve in reusable baby food pouches for maximum portability, or freeze in ice pop trays to make homemade popsicles.
carrots, peeled and chopped
15-oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
ripe, fresh Hass avocado, cut in half and seeded
- Place carrots in a vegetable steamer. Steam, covered, 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain; let cool
- In a bowl, mash carrots, white beans and avocado until smooth.
- Serve baby 1 to 2 tablespoons mixture. Freeze remainder in 1 ounce ice cube trays.