- Cream cheese or goat cheese 2 tablespoons, softened
- Pesto, homemade or purchased 2 teaspoons
- Flour tortilla 1, preferably green or red
- Ripe avocado 1/2, sliced
- Carrot 1/4 cup (1 oz/30 g) shredded
- English cucumber 4 slices, cut on the diagonal
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and pesto. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the tortilla. Top with the avocado slices, arranging them in a horizontal line across the center or mashing them onto the surface. Arrange the carrot and cucumber on top of the avocado. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Press down gently.
- Fold about 2 inches (5 cm) of the right side of the tortilla over the filling. Press gently. Beginning with the rounded side closest to you, roll up the tortilla into a tight cylinder, with the filling peeking out the top. Alternatively, roll up the tortilla like you would a burrito, with the filling enclosed in the wrap.
- Wrap in foil or a strip of pretty paper and place in an airtight container or sandwich bag and seal tightly. Refrigerate until ready to go.
For extra color and crunch, add any of the following veggies:
- Celery or jicama matchsticks
- Sliced fennel
- Bell pepper matchsticks
- Baby spinach leaves
- Shredded red cabbage