Baby spinach, mandarin oranges and avocado are teamed in this refreshing springtime salad from You can also substitute fresh orange slices for the mandarin oranges.
if you make your own dressing:
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash salt
- Salad ingredients:
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup almonds, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- 2. Yield: 8 servings.
- To make the spinach salad, toast the dry toasted almonds on a pie pan at 350° for 5-7 minutes, turn them, and toast another 4 minutes for extra crispness. Toss spinach, drained chilled mandarin oranges, toasted sliced almonds, chopped avocado and spicy vinaigrette dressing. And you have a refreshing, super-healthy, low calorie salad!
1-1/4 cups equals 71 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Our site is part of Gourmet Ads (http://gourmetads.com/). If you are interested in running an advertising campaign with us, please contact the sales team at Gourmet Ads.