- For the Chicken:
- 2 cups water, to boil asparagus
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, for boiling water
- 10 thin asparagus spears, trimmed and peeled
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 ounces jumbo lump crab meat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 4 cherry tomatoes, for garnish
- For the Lemon Chive Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
FOR THE CHICKEN:
In medium saucepan, bring water mixed with 1/2 teaspoon salt to boil. As soon as the water comes to a boil, add asparagus and boil until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside until needed.
Lay chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2-inch thickness. On a medium plate, mix flour with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; dredge chicken to coat, patting off any excess.
In medium, nonstick fry pan over medium heat, warm 1 teaspoon butter and oil. Saute chicken breasts on both sides until browned and firm, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken; keep warm until ready to serve. Add onion to skillet and saute until softened, about 4 minutes. Increase heat to high, add tomato and saute until most of the moisture has evaporated. Lower heat to low and add crab meat; toss gently, just until hot.
To serve, set one chicken breast on each plate; arrange 5 asparagus spears on top of each. Spoon some of crab mixture over asparagus and drizzle with Lemon Chive Sauce. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
FOR THE LEMON CHIVE SAUCE:
In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter with lemon juice to make sauce. Whisk in cream cheese, milk and chives until smooth.