Tip: A superior extra-virgin olive oil should be used as a sauce or finishing oil, and never as cooking oil.
- 1/3 cup good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Four 8-ounce salmon steaks (or substitute halibut steaks or swordfish steaks)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon, quartered
Prepare barbecue and set at a medium-high heat. Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano in a small bowl. Set olive oil-herb mixture aside.
Rub the salmon steaks lightly with the vegetable oil and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until steaks are opaque in center, about 5 minutes per side.
TO SERVE: Place steaks on plates. Drizzle the olive oil-herb mixture over steaks. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.